2016 Mazda3 in Orlando, FL
A compact car with a lot of character starting at $17,845 MSRP
The 2016 Mazda Mazda3 is the perfect choice for a driver looking for a compact ride that has the best performance, technology, safety, and style in its class. Anytime a new Mazda shopper in the Orlando, Kissimmee, and St Cloud area comes by Don Mealey’s Sport Mazda, the 3 is almost always at the top of the must-test-drive list.
This year’s update to the 3 makes equipment that was once available only as an optional upgrade, or part of a more expensive trim level, now a standard feature in every trim.
The Mazda Experts here at Sport Mazda put together this information page with an overview of the performance, technology, safety, and styling features found in the 2016 Mazda Mazda3 that will make your commute more enjoyable.
Click a button below to learn more about the 2016 Mazda Mazda3
Two levels of performance give drivers variety when choosing a 2016 Mazda Mazda3
You have two options in engine performance with the 3. One choice maximizes your fuel economy, while the other one squeezes every ounce of power out of the SKYACTIV-G engine.
The SKYACTIV-G 2.0 liter engine gives drivers 155 horsepower with an overall average combined fuel economy of 34 mpg (30 city / 41 highway). If you decide you favor power over saving gas, upgrade to the 2.5 liter SKYACTIV engine for 184 horsepower and an overall combined fuel economy of 29 mpg (25 city / 37 hwy).
Both engine levels also have the choice of the 6-speed SKYACTIV-Drive automatic transmission or the 6-speed SKYACTIV-M manual transmission. When it comes to the transmission in the 3 compared among other vehicles in its class, Kelley Blue Book praised, “the 6-speed transmission is eager to downshift, and the 6-speed manual is among the best.”
2016 Mazda3 performance specs at a glance:
- SKYACTIV-G 2.0L 4-cylinder engine (i class trim levels)
- 155 horsepower @ 6000 rpm (2.0 liter engine)
- 150 lb. ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm (2.0 liter engine)
- 13.0:1 compression ratio
- Anti-lock Brake System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Brake Assist
- SKYACTIV-G 2.5L 4-cylinder engine (s trim levels)
- 184 horsepower @ 5700 rpm (2.5 liter engine)
- 185 lb. ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm (2.5 liter engine)
- SKYACTIV-MT 6-speed manual transmission
- SKYACTIV-DRIVE 6-speed electronically-controlled Sport automatic transmission
2016 Mazda Mazda3 fuel economy
Driving convenience with Mazda’s latest and greatest technologies
One of the coolest things about the 2016 Mazda Mazda3 is that this year’s model comes with the Mazda CONNECT™ Infotainment system standard in all trim levels!
Every 3 comes equipped with a 7″ full color touchscreen, the multi-function Commander control switch, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio streaming, HD Radio, Pandora® Internet Radio, Aha™ Internet Radio, Stitcher™ Internet Radio, 2 USB ports, and 1 auxiliary audio input. You are fully in control of your entertainment selection!
Enhance the experience by upgrading to the Bose® 9-speaker surround sound system for the best in car audio that Mazda has to offer.
That’s a lot of tech and entertainment options that will transform your daily commute into your own private concert hall.
Standard on the s class trim level, Mazda’s Active Driving Display will help create a distraction-free driving experience by projecting your speed and turn-by-turn directions on a screen that pops up from behind the steering wheel.
Adding to the distraction-free driving experience, the Mazda CONNECT™ Infotainment system is positioned on top of the dashboard so drivers can easily check directions, change music, or makes calls while maintaining clear sight of the road.
2016 Mazda3 tech features at a glance:
- MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System
- 7″ full-color touchscreen display
- Multi-function Commander Control Switch
- Rear Backup Camera
- Navigation (excludes i Sport and i Touring)
- 6-speaker AM/FM sound system with auxiliary audio input and two (2) USB ports
- Bose® 9-speaker Surround Sound System with Centerpoint® 2 and AudioPilot® 2 (excludes i Sport, optional upgrade with i Touring tech package)
- HD and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 4 month subscription
- Bluetooth® Hands Free Phone and Audio
- Active Driving Display (s trim level only)
Your safety is Mazda’s mission
The Mazda3 comes with some of the best safety features you will find in a compact car. It’s what helped earn the 3 a 5 star overall rating from the NHTSA (National Highway and Transportation Safety Association) and a 2015 Top Safety Pick Plus by the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety).
2016 Mazda3 SKYACTIV safety features at a glance:
- Blind Sport Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (optional upgrade on i Sport)
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Lane Departure Warning System**
- Smart City Brake Support**
- High Beam Control**
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (s Grand Touring)
** Feature is available as an optional technology package upgrade for the s Grand Touring sedan and hatchback
The 2016 Mazda3 is the perfect blend of fierce sportiness and elegance
The Mazda3 continues using the KODO Soul of Motion style language that has defined the 3’s style since the 2014 model year.
On the outside, the 3 looks as close to luxury as you can get for a vehicle starting under $20,000. The sharp flowing lines and crouching stance gives it an aggressive look when on the road. With your choice of hatchback or sedan body styles, the 3 will turn heads no matter where you drive.
Inside, drivers and passengers will be supported by Mazda’s comfortable seats that are upholstered with high quality cloth, leatherette, or leather, depending on the trim level.
The 2016 Mazda3 comes in these colors and upholstery options:
2016 Mazda Mazda3 styling at a glance:
- 16″ Steel Wheels (i Sport, alloy upgrade available)
- 16″ Alloy Wheels (i Touring and i Grand Touring)
- 18″ Alloy Wheels (s Touring and s Grand Touring)
- Rear Spoiler (excludes i Sport sedan)
- Cloth Seats with 2 color options (i Sport and i Touring)
- Leatherette Seats (i Grand Touring and s Touring)
- Leather Seats with 2 color options (s Grand Touring)
- Grille with gloss black finish (s trim level only)
- Grille with matte finish (i trim level only)
- Roof-mounted “shark fin” antenna (excludes i Sport, optional upgrade with i Touring tech package)
Try the 2016 Mazda3 for yourself at Don Mealey’s Sport Mazda
If the new 2016 Mazda Mazda3 sounds like a vehicle needed in your garage, schedule a VIP test drive experience here at Don Mealey’s Sport Mazda in Orlando, FL. Our Mazda Experts will help answer any questions about the Mazda3 you may have during your visit.
To really get an understanding on the differences between the last year’s and the current 3, check out our 2015 Mazda3 research page.
If you would like more information about the 2016 Mazda3, fill out the form below and one of our Mazda Experts will contact you shortly.